A guide to myopia control: Craig contributes to Optometry Today
Our optometrist and director Craig McArthur was recently invited, as a myopia expert to contribute to a 6-part guide to myopia control and myopia management. The myopia guide was published in the Optometry Today journal. Optometry Today is the official journal of the Association of Optometrists (AOP) with a circulation to 15,000 AOP members and Optometry subscribers. The aim of the myopia guide is to educate and encourage the wider optometric profession to add myopia management to their clinical practice and help reduce myopia in UK children.
Craig shares his extensive experience of myopia management from within Scotland’s first myopia management clinic at Peter Ivins Eye Care and joins an expert panel of myopia experts including:
- Indie Grewal Optometrist and British Contact Lens Association president
- John Bolger Consultant ophthalmologist at My-iClinic
- Sarah Farrant Optometrist at Earlam and Christopher Optometrists
- Taunton Dr Kate Gifford Director of Myopia Profile and former Optometry Australia president
- Dr Stephanie Kearney Research optometrist and AOP Councillor
- Craig McArthur Optometrist and director of Peter Ivins Eyecare
- Kathryn Saunders Professor of optometry and vision science at Ulster University
- James Wolffsohn Professor of optometry and vision science at Aston University
How do I read the guide to myopia?
Part one of the guide to myopia is titled THE BIG SHORT and offers insight from the group of myopia experts as of to why optometrists should take myopia management seriously. The article can be read here.
How do I make an appointment at The Myopia Clinic at Peter Ivins Eye Care?
Call us on 0141 943 3300 to book an appointment or CLICK HERE to use our online appointment system.
Ask the expert about myopia management.
If you have questions about myopia, myopia management or your child’s vision please email Craig McArthur at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavor to reply and offer advice as a quickly as possible.
Learn more about myopia and myopia management
CLICK HERE to visit the myopia section of our website. Here you we will explain what myopia is, the risks involved in myopia progression and the options available to us to slow the progression.