What does it cost after my initial free trial?
Once we have established that you or your child can wear lenses comfortably and safely then we ask you to register in our Eye Care for Life Contact Lens programme. Through on-going regular consultations (usually two per year) this programme will ensure that your eyes remain healthy and your lenses are up to date with your prescription and lifestyle needs.The current fee for the Eye Care for Life Contact lens programme is £8.95 per month for adults and £4 per month for under 16’s.As a member of the Eye Care for Life Contact Lens programme we will offer you any potential upgrades that may benefit your eyes in the rapidly changing world of contact lens technology, or as your lifestyle needs and prescription inevitably change.
What about lenses and solutions?
The cost of lenses will vary depending on the complexity of your prescription, lens type, how often you wear them, material characteristics, manufacturer and replacement cycle.We will always recommend the best lens ti suit your visual needs and your lifestyle. As an Eye Care for Life member you can be sure you will be buying product (lenses and solutions) at very competitive prices – even against internet suppliers. If you wish to buy and source product elsewhere and come to us for care only that’s entirely your choice.Monthly product costs will vary but typically are about £7-£14 for reusable monthly or two weekly lenses and £10-£37 for disposable lenses, depending on how often you wear them. We will give you an exact cost for us to supply product before you proceed.
Do I have to sign up for a minimum period?
We ask for three months payment up front to allow us to ensure your contact lens prescription is stable and then we ask for three months’ notice of cancellation i.e. a minimum of six months. Please note we will not issue a final contact lens prescription until three months after the initial fitting to ensure the prescription is suitable and stable.
- An annual contact lens examination
- Six monthly contact lens check-ups
- Any number of other appointments as clinically required
- Priority access to your preferred optometrist
- Free upgrade trials to the latest in contact lens technology
- detailed verbal and written report of your visual status and prescription
- 24 hour emergency helpline
- Rapid access to specialist opinion of required*
- Extra consultation cost
- Ability to purchase contact lens product at low cost, comparable with internet prices
- Ability to exchange product of your prescription or lens type should alter
- Generous discounts on the cost of spectacles (25%) and sunglasses (15%) with unlimited personal purchases
- 10% discount on the cost of accessories, solutions, dry eye products and ocular nutrients
- Free parking