Menicon Bloom Day
Menicon Bloom Day is a soft contact lens that you wear during the daytime and replace every day. Because of this, Menicon Bloom Day is super hygienic and hassle free. You won’t even need any lens care solutions. Menicon Bloom Day has a unique, patented design that slows the growth of the length of the eye. The lens alters the way light enters your eye and affects how images focus on your retina. The growth of your eye is thus restricted which in turn reduces the amount of myopia you develop. Menicon Bloom Day lenses will correct your vision as well, giving you perfect vision while wearing them
Why Menicon Bloom Day Contact Lenses?
Menicon Bloom Day contact lenses are daily disposable soft contact lenses meaning they are perfect for use in children. They are worn during waking hours from morning until evening, then simply removed from the front of the eye and thrown in the bin. Your child wears a new pair of contact lenses every day. No need for complicated contact lens cleaning solutions or storage cases.
Menicon Bloom Day daily disposable contact lenses are fitted in a similar manner to regular soft contact lenses, the process of fitting is simple and quick. Your child can learn to place the lens on the eye and remove the lens safely with relative ease, with guidance from our expert staff.
Being a soft daily disposable contact lens ensures the lenses are very comfortable, safe, easy to handle and offer clear vision, even in younger children. Being a daily disposable not only improves comfort but also reduces the risk of infection. Daily lenses also mean a dropped, torn or lost contact lens is not expensive to replace. These are particularly important factors in contact lens wear in children. Daily disposable contact lenses also reduce the risk of eye infections - infections and incredibly rare when daily disposable contact lenses are worn correctly - 2 infections per 10,000 patient wearing years!
Menicon Bloom Day daily disposable contact lenses - At a glance
- Reduces myopic progression
- Reduces the chance of developing high levels of myopia (-6.00D or more) which may lower the incidence of eye diseases associated with short-sightedness such as retinal detachment, glaucoma, cataract and myopic maculopathy
- May improve the self-esteem of children and teenagers in terms of their ability to participate in sporting activities and their social acceptance
- Daily disposable lenses mean there’s no cleaning, disinfection or worrying about lost lenses
- Low dehydration rates, delivers suitable oxygen transmission for daily wear and provide good all-day comfort and eye health
- Menicon Bloom Day contact lenses can be worn 14 hours a day (ideally for a minimum of 10 hours per day), 7 days per week to get the maximum treatment effect
Available prescription range:
Menicon Bloom Day contact lenses are available from:
- -0.25D to -12.00D of myopia.
- 0.00DC to -0.75DC (Larger degrees of astigmatism can in some cases be masked by the design of the lens).
Menicon Bloom Day daily disposable contact lenses – How do they work?
Menicon Bloom Day contact lenses utilise Neurofocus Optics Technology - a form of Extended Depth of Focus (EDOF). This results in clear vision at distance, intermediate and near simultaneously, independent of pupil size.
Making an appointment
If you wish to make an appointment you can do so using our online appointment diary. Alternatively you can call our reception team on 0141 943 3300.
If you have any questions regarding myopia, myopia control or myopia management please email our optometrist Craig McArthur at email@example.com.
Alternatively call the practice on 0141 943 3300.