MiSight daily disposable contact lenses not only optically correct existing myopia, giving clear distance and near vision, but MiSight has also been proven to slow the progression of myopia in most children using ActivControl Technology.
Why MiSight Contact Lenses?
MiSight contact lenses are daily disposable soft contact lenses meaning they are perfect for use in children. They are worn during waking hours from morning until evening, then simply removed from the front of the eye and thrown in the bin. Your child wears a new pair of contact lenses every day. No need for complicated contact lens cleaning solutions or storage cases.
MiSight daily disposable contact lenses are fitted in a similar manner to regular soft contact lenses, the process of fitting is simple and quick. Your child can learn to place the lens on the eye and remove the lens safely with relative ease, with guidance from our expert staff.
Being a soft daily disposable contact lens ensures the lenses are very comfortable, safe, easy to handle and offer clear vision, even in younger children. Being a daily disposable not only improves comfort but also reduces the risk of infection. Daily lenses also mean a dropped, torn or lost contact lens is not expensive to replace. These are particularly important factors in contact lens wear in children. Daily disposable contact lenses also reduce the risk of eye infections - infections and incredibly rare when daily disposable contact lenses are worn correctly - 2 infections per 10,000 patient wearing years!
MiSight daily disposable contact lenses - At a glance
- Reduces myopic progression
- Reduces the chance of developing high levels of myopia (-6.00D or more) which may lower the incidence of eye diseases associated with short-sightedness such as retinal detachment, glaucoma, cataract and myopic maculopathy
- May improve the self-esteem of children and teenagers in terms of their ability to participate in sporting activities and their social acceptance
- Daily disposable lenses mean there’s no cleaning, disinfection or worrying about lost lenses
- Low dehydration rates, delivers suitable oxygen transmission for daily wear and provide good all-day comfort and eye health
- MiSight can be worn 14 hours a day (ideally for a minimum of 10 hours per day), 7 days per week to get the maximum treatment effect
Available prescription range:
MiSight contact lenses are available from:
- -0.25D to -6.00D of myopia.
- 0.00DC to -0.75DC (Small amounts of astigmatism are also acceptable).
MiSight daily disposable contact lenses – How do they work?
MiSight contact lenses utilise ActivControl™ Technology which results in clear distance, intermediate and near vision while the peripheral treatment zones of the lens creates myopic retinal defocus that has been shown to control the rate of progression of myopia.
Children may be aware of a slight shadowing of images when first introduced to ActivControl™ Technology, most of those fitted report the shadowing decreases over the first week of wear.
Making an appointment
If you wish to make an appointment you can do so using our online appointment diary. Alternatively you can call our reception team on 0141 943 3300.
If you have any questions regarding myopia, myopia control or myopia management please email our optometrist Craig McArthur at email@example.com.
Alternatively call the practice on 0141 943 3300.